Thursday, October 11, 2007

News From Boston

So, I've paid some rent, signed a lease, and bought a computer -- I guess I'm officially moved in (although I am still sleeping on the futon in the living room, but hopefully that situation will be remedied soon). Now I've just got to buckle down on the job search, and it will be almost like I have a real life going on. Whee!

One thing that's nice about a pretty big city like Boston is the opportunity to find things to do that I used to do down in Mississippi. For instance, I've gone to a bar called Atwood's that has trivia on Wednesday nights. My team hasn't won yet, but we've placed two out of the three times I've gone and won some nice bar glasses. The first place team gets cash, of course, and in a neat twist the last place team gets a round of shots with the emcee -- a comely burlesque dancer who always dresses up in sexy costumes. No joke! The first time I went, she was dressed as a saucy teacher, the second time she was Princess Leia -- no, wait, let me rephrase that: Slave Outfit Princess Leia -- and this most recent trip she was Raggedy Ann. The last one's not so hot, I guess, although apparently she strips out of it during her burlesque act sometimes. It also inspired the night's best team name: So Does The Carpet Match The Yarn? As you may have suspected, plenty of people throw their own games in order to "win" last place. I've got to find out where and when she performs!

I've also been meaning to post about my experience with Amtrak. That's not going to happen now, but I hope to in a day or two. I'll go ahead and say that it was pretty positive, with just a few caveats. If anyone has any questions about train travel (or whatever!), please post them in the comments, and I'll try to make sure they get addressed in the actual post.

Ok, so here's a clip of Justice, um, "performing" a song on Jimmy Kimmel.



Fun stuff, but why have Rod Stewart on keys? I wonder if whoever they really wanted had the flu or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home