Sunday, August 26, 2007

So I'm Doing Some Travelling These Days

And obviously no travel record is complete these days without some photos to go along with it. My sister's blog (hey, Jane! Hope you're having funz! Please learn how to hyperlink! 'kay, bye!) is full of good stuff to look at, although that's pretty easy when you're in India, I bet; you can just sort of randomly point and shoot and you're bound to catch some local color in the frame.

But so anyway I have a pretty crummy digital camera that I elected not to bring with me. I hardly ever use it, I wasn't bringing along a laptop that would have the dedicated software it would need (probably ways around this, sure, but anyways), and, like I said, it was pretty crummy. Like sub-old-cellphone camera crummy.

On the other hand, maybe this is not such a bad thing, because last night I visited Atlanta's infamous Clermont Lounge, an establishment that has been charmingly described as "the place that strippers go to die." That is a verbatim quote, by the way, delivered by more than one person in my life, years and years apart. So the workers there are not in the prime of their life, but it's actually pretty genius. There's nothing like seeing a portly middle aged woman giving a lap dance to a terrified bachelor to lower the bar, cut the tension, and maybe get people to act a little crazy. I saw a few spontaneous amateur dances going on, one of which was girl-on-girl and kind of hot, really. And another girl who, not long after her arrival, pulled a slow-hand-to-cover-gasping-mouth expression so perfect I had to kind of convince myself that she wasn't just being ironic (and, really, I'm sure that it was sincere shock/horror/wtf-ness), was a couple of drinks later basically dry-humping her boyfriend. I mean, she didn't take any of her clothes off, but I got the idea that maybe she was going out on a personal limb, public spectacle-wise.

And so yeah my friends got me a lapdance from a sixty-one year old in Divine eyelashes and what I guess was some kind of Little Bo Peep costume (which I complimented her on). She told me I was handsome and that she'd come find me after she'd changed into a new outfit. Her (natural) bosom was way nicer than you would ever (want to) imagine. We left soon after. I never even knew her name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home