Tuesday, December 12, 2006

O.P.P. Round-up

Why are there Jews at the Tehran Holocaust Denial Conference?

I even kind of agree with these guys in my own, secular, goyim way, but: "In what many other Jews would consider the height of naivety, he commended Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for wanting 'a secured future for innocent Jewish people in Europe and elsewhere'." Yeah, that seems like a bit of a stretch, Rabbi. Also not sure about the entire disintegration of the Israeli state, but sincerest kudos for reaching across the aisle and also for calling Israel out on a little B.S.

I haven't read this yet but I bet it's good.

Is "Howl" over-rated? Probably.

Telling Pitchfork that you were just telling Nike what Nike wanted to hear is also just telling Pitchfork what Pitchfork wants to hear.

Or atleast I kinda hope so, since I created an iTunes store account and then plunked down a digi-Hamilton for the track. [An aside directed toward Apple and its iTunes store: "Screw 128 kbps, even if AAC is supposedly better quality than MP3. Also, screw AAC."] All those "shame on you"'s are a little disconcerting, but some of the points he made about the music not being 110% aggressive seemed to make sense to me, especially since it was fashioned for jogging and not, like, gladitorial combat. I think I'll get a shuffle and some track clothes and start jogging again; I mean, how can I not after my ten dollar investment?

5 Comments:

Blogger Pander Bear said...

Pete, that's a great post! So, these two Rabbis walk into a Holocaust Denial Convention...

So funny about the fashioned for jogging...

7:08 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger PearJack said...

Yeah, considering how religious and paricularly Jewish their point of view is, I guess I don't really have much common ground with those guys, after all. But since everyone thinks those guys are nuts, I suppose that's for the best.

7:27 PM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the Hassidim, on the Jewish scale of normal to nuts, are probably at exactly the same place that the Amish are on the Christian scale of normal to nuts. Which is to say, nuts. Not enough to kill folks, but enough to wear a costume. Having to wear any sort of costume full time should be a clear sign to anybody that their religious/political movement is off the rails.

10:54 AM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger PearJack said...

This is better known as The Magic Underwear Argument, right?

Also, these guys are some weird sect of Hassidim, the kind that even some orthodox Jews think are nuts. If the Unabomber had been Amish and had a cult, that would probably be an apt comparison.

11:42 AM, December 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went back and read some Allen Ginsburg, and I don't really understand why I liked it as much as I did. Maybe I'm to old to be hip.

2:51 PM, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home